Click here for our Covid-19 Statement
Dr. Jan Mallory and Dr. Nick Mallory at the Rensselaer Pet Care wanted to take a moment to reach out to you during these turbulent times to offer our hand in partnership and ask for your help as we work together to care for your animal family. As essential service providers we are happy to be here for you and your pets. Some home-bound people are adopting new pets and other people are spending more time at home and have time to pay close attention to the pets they have already. Loving owners are catching problems early, which makes us happy. Since we are continuing to provide curbside service this has caused our schedule to be filled and our team to be spread thin as we try to help the most pets possible. It has caused delays in being able to get pets seen as fast as normal. We just wanted you to know what it is like on our side of the exam table to help you plan accordingly.
When you visit our practice, we ask that you come knowing that we are doing our best and give us grace. We are reaching out to you for support, here are a few things to help your visit go smoothly:
- Our team can identify 200 breeds of dog, but we cannot tell an Acura from a Ford.
- PLEASE bring your mobile phone as it is the only way we will know you have arrived and how we will communicate with you while you wait In the parking lot.
- Bring something to do while you wait. The typical visit will take a while longer than normal.
- Put our number (219-866-4671) In your phone contacts for easy calling.
- Call us when you arrive. If the line is busy please try again in a minute, we are experiencing high call volumes.
- Turn your phone ringer volume up, we do not want you to miss our call to you about your pet’s visit.
- Answer cellphone calls that may show up as blocked or that you do not recognize. We may have to call you on an alternate line that may appear to be blocked to shorten the waiting time for you and your pet.
Our philosophy has always been, “When we all work together, we can help you best.”
Many of our clients, like you, are wonderful, thoughtful, grateful, and patient as we work through new COVID-19 safety protocols and seemingly daily changes in workflow. For those we are eternally thankful. If we could hug you, we would!
A few other clients in recent days, have been exasperated with the changes and restrictions in our availability and our team safety protocols. As COVID-19 wears on this is becoming progressively worse and more frequent.
Please know these changes and limitations frustrate us too. We want to see you. We want to not have to wear masks, except during surgery and medical procedures. We want to not have to find your car for curbside care. We want to shake your hand.
We want our normal back too.
Dr. Jan and Dr. Nick will always keep patient, client, staff, and doctor health safety as their first concern and will continue curbside service at this time.
When you have a positive experience, it would mean so much if you would share this with our team. Kind words and patient care are what keeps us going in these crazy days. The generous souls who send us cards or bring us food are our heroes.
Thank you, a million times for remembering us and making us feel loved!
If you are unhappy, we do want to know so we can learn and improve. Please share your views in a calm and professional manner so we may address it and solve it if possible. We promise to listen.
We are in this together.
Thank you for your time and if you, like us, are considered an essential worker, we appreciate your services to our community.
The Team at the Rensselaer Pet Care
Compassionate veterinary care in Rensselaer, IN!
We're one big family.
Ticks are a source of illness in Indiana, some year round.
If you would like to learn more about how ticks affect your dog, please click the link below:
Have a question?
Use the form below to send us a message! A member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. If you need immediate assistance, please give us a call at 219-866-4671.